TRANSFERENCE, TRANSFERENCE AND PROJECTION CPD
Sunday 18th June 2017
10.00 AM – 4.30 PM
Ali Hetherington & Cathy Davey
@ iBSL Offices
Early bird offer £99 / Full price £120
6 CPD POINTS
This workshop will increase awareness of how these interpersonal phenomena can affect interpreters and those they work with.
Transference causes people to unconsciously experience, and respond to, others based on past significant relationships and participants will have the opportunity to explore the thinking, feeling and behaviours that indicate transference within a relationship.
Projection is a psychological defence mechanism in which individuals attribute characteristics they find unacceptable in themselves to another person.
- Explore the four ways transference can be demonstrated
- Identify transference patterns
- Develop an understanding of the psychological, physiological and physical effects of transference and projection
- Discuss how transference and projection can impact on the role of the interpreter
- Develop techniques to separate the ‘there and then’ from the ‘here and now’.
*Early bird offer ends 1st May*