WORK RELATED STRESS, BURNOUT AND VICARIOUS TRAUMA CPD
Saturday 17th June 2017
10.00 AM – 4.30 PM
Ali Hetherington & Cathy Davey
@ iBSL Offices
Early bird offer £99 / Full price £120
6 CPD POINTS
The workshop outlines the psychological and physiological theory of stress, vicarious trauma and burnout. An understanding of these can help sign language interpreters develop self-awareness and resilience and reduce the impact of work related stress.
- Explore the physical, physiological and psychological experiences of stress
- Develop an understanding of the neuroscience of arousal
- Learn how the body, with the help of the mind, remembers – often unhelpfully
- How to recognise individual stress indicators
- Explore vicarious trauma and burnout
- Develop techniques for reducing the risk of work related stress, vicarious trauma and burnout in practitioners.
*Early bird offer ends 1st May*